Thursday, May 28, 2009

Stanley Cup Prediction: Out With The Old, In With The New, Pittsburgh in 7

Pittsburgh over Detroit in 7.

The dance partners for this year's Stanley Cup final are now set: "Old" Detroit Red Wings and "New" Pittsburgh Penguins.

Hockey is very much a complete team sport but star players make a huge difference. For my money Detroit's Niklas Lidstrom and Chris Chelios are two of the best defencemen of the last 20 years, if not the two best. Against them, in this Stanley Cup final rematch, are the Pittsburgh Penguins led by scoring stars Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin who will avenge last year's 4 - 2 series loss to Detroit.

I must again confess that I am lousy at making sports predictions and I may have just doomed Pittsburgh by picking them to win instead of Detroit; as I did when I picked France to beat Italy for the last World Cup.

Still, I believe this is the Year of the Kids: Sid the Kid and Geno

Out with the old, in with the new.




Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Penny said...

I HOPE YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOO WRONG! LOL! GO RED WINGS!!! :)