Thursday, May 14, 2009

Conor and Dad's First 2009 Bridge Walk

Conor and Dad got out for our first complete "Bridge Walk" last evening, from our home down the North Riverfront Trail past the Westmorland Street Bridge on to the old Train Bridge, now a pedestrian bridge, across the Saint John River, back to the Westmorland Street Bridge, across to the North side, back up the trail and home.

Without Conor it takes Dad as much as 2 1/2 hours to complete the walk with a couple of short rests on benches along the way.

With Conor there are no stops to rest and Dad has to keep a brisker pace completing the walk in 1 hour and 50 minutes last night. Dad is a bit sore today.

It was a beautiful, sunny evening. We saw lots of people, and some furry friends, along the way.













Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hello,
I am getting my teaching certification for special education and I found this site and your blog doing research. I love your comments and pledge. Your story about Conor's walk across the bridge brought a smile across my face. When I first decided to become a teacher after 20 years of being an accountant; I was NOT going to teach special ed but I've recently worked with some children with special needs and I'm actually looking forward to working with them. Your story just re-afirmed my decision. Thank you

Unknown said...

hello,
I came across your story (blog) while doing research for my special education courses. I recently decided to go into the teaching field after being an accountant for more than 20 years. In the begining I was not going to teach special eduction but have found myself looking forward to teaching children with special needs after working with some in the school I've been teaching at. Your story about Conor and walking across the bridge made me smile as I remember some of the students I've worked with. Thank You.
Regina